Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Michael Smith

Well, my first wedding as the officiant is officially in the books! It was an incredible time of worship, commitment, and celebration of two people's love for one another, and for our creator. It was in a beautiful setting, with beautiful families and friends, and I was honored to be apart of it. I will be honest, I was incredibly nervous. I usually do not get nervous speaking in front of people, ever, no matter who, or how many people...however, someone's wedding day is a completely different idea than preaching! If I screw up while preaching, or really blow it, I get to try it again next weekend, however, with a wedding, for these people, it's their only shot! Therefore, the pressure was on! Prior to the wedding, I found myself making joke after joke, I guess to keep the mood loose, and my mind off the magnitude of the opportunity that God has provided me with, and my friends had entrusted to me!

Well, the time came, and the door opened, and it was time to make our way to the banquet hall where people were waiting, and expecting a beautiful ceremony! And you know what, that is exactly what we gave them! Michael and Megan, and their families, and friends, did amazing! It was beautiful!

To one of my best friends, Michael (not sure you'll ever read this) but it was an honor to be apart of your special day. I am incredibly proud of you, and proud to be your friend bro. Megan, (who probably will read this), you looked beautiful, and Michael is incredibly blessed to call you his wife! \

To the both of you, we are praying for you, always here for you, and remember- never lose that joy of your first date! :) Proud of y'all! Thanks again for allowing me to share in your day! Love ya'll!

Be blessed,
Toes


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: