Wednesday, November 5, 2008

1st Timothy 2

I have currently been studying the books of the New Testament. On Tuesday night with my high school students, we are studying Romans, and on Thursday nights with my junior high students we just finished the book of Galatians. In hopes that they might want to continue doing book studies on New Testament books, I have been studying a few ahead of time incase they decide to choose one. Also, I love studying the writing of one disciple to the next.

Yesterday, I just began 1st Timothy, and today, one day after history has been made, and we as a nation decided who our new president was going to be, I opened my Bible, and began to read 1st Timothy 2. I was overwhelmed by God's ability to speak directly to me on this day in the most perfect way. The very first verse I read today was verses 1-3 which say:

"The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live." (The Message)

I was amazed. Definitely, our God, who is mighty to save, is in total control. He has his hand over our nation, and even in the midst of my doubting, God says, "I am in control, I do have a plan, and it will be executed." So today, on this day of history, I just want to encourage you to obey God's Word, and pray for our future leadership. Whether you agree with Obama, whether you like Obama, whether you voted for him, we now are called to be thankful for him, and pray for him as he is the leader of the land that we all love.

God has a great plan for our nation, and for each of us. I pray each day you will be in your Word, communicating with God through prayer, and spending time in fellowship with those who can encourage you, and love you.

Be thankful and pray for our president because that is what the Word instructs us to do! Have a great day!

Be Blessed,
Toe's

No comments: