Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Come to Me, all you who are weary...."

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

Essentially, this is how I feel right about now. Weary, and burdened. It is in times like these when my cry out for the Lord is so loud, and His response is so soft. Our God is such an amazing God, He is such a smart Lord. He knows us, every single one of us, He knows, and yet, still loves. He draws us near to Him through some of the most surprising circumstances. It is when we are weak, burdened, and heavy laden...that He is strong, mighty, and most of all--close to us. In every trying situation I am facing, I have always felt the power of God's closeness in my life. It seems everywhere I turn, I can see Him, hear Him, feel Him, and find my rest in Him. My heart is heavy, my shoulders are burdened with uncertainty. However, the one certain, that outweighs all uncertainty is that God loves us, and is in control. The trust I have in the Lord outweighs all uncertainty.

However, the weight of the unknown is pretty powerful, and I am reminding each day that God knows, and THAT IS ENOUGH, despite what we might think. We serve an amazing God, and each and every day I am so thankful for His amazing love for us.

Be Blessed,
Toe's

No comments: