Thursday, November 6, 2008

Retreat Approaching!

Good news y'all, Sarah and I are leaving in the morning to fly to Memphis to do ministry at a weekend retreat with Danny's church!! I am so excited! I get to see my best friend, meet his beautiful daughter, and preach the Word! What a weekend! :)

This is now the third retreat I have spoken at this year, and the day before I fly out, I always go over my notes and make any changes. This weekends theme is to Remember, Renew, Remain, and Run! As I was looking over my notes, something struck me today and has stayed with me all day. John 15:4 says, "Remain in Me, and I will remain in you."

I am continually amazed by the love our Savior has for us. As long as our heart remains in Him, He will remain in us. This is such an encouraging scripture to me because I truly believe that Christ desires to fill our lives with His love, His Word, and His Holy Spirit. I truly believe that Christ desires to remain in us, and so he assures us that as long as we are remaining in Him, and finding joy and peace through Him, He is working in us!

He also says in this same chapter that HE IS THE VINE and WE ARE THE BRANCHES. He is the vine, He is the stronghold, we are weak little branches that are made strong by clinging to the vine. I want to encourage you today, and this weekend, to truly remain in Him, cling to the vine, and cling to the Cross. Have a great weekend! Pray for our weekend as DH, and many others minister to many junior high students!

Be Blessed,
Toe's

No comments: